Thursday, January 8, 2009

My office is in the basement away from other people.

I am back at work, so naturally, I will start actually writing blog posts again. Only when getting paid to do other things can I find time to write a blog, apparently. I have spent my entire "semester break" (read: "vacation for a religious holiday that all state institutions are pretending just worked out that way by coincidence") away from computers and stuff mostly because I have had other things to do. This has proven to me that the only reason I spend any time on the internet is because I use it to procrastinate. Are other people like this? Is there real value in this thing? Occasionally I go to my computer to look something up, but I am usually done with it in less than 5 minutes and move on to other things. Perhaps the reason the internet is so ubiquitous is that society has moved away from jobs that are totally focused on results. Old professions are immune. Hookers and mechanics rarely spend their day on facebook.

So I hear.

About hookers.

Dammit.

1 comment:

E Erickson said...

of course there are others like this, if there weren't, would you even HAVE a blog???? I daresay that many of 'us' do things that are dependent on feedback from others, therefore if noone else procrastinated on the computer, you wouldn't have readers for your blog, unless you posted the cure for cancer or some other earth-shattering discovery (not to criticise the items you do post, mind you!) I feel that the importance of realizations and comments may be in direct/indirect relation to how others respond...
I hope that doesn't sound too harsh, just making some of that gray mass in between my ears work harder sometimes....ya know, all the mindless things I do - laundry & dishes, etc., leaves one's mind free to contemplate deeper musings...