Sunday, October 11, 2009

Going strong since 1940. . . .

A few images from my weekend:
Driving home late in a light snow flying into the wash of my headlights, I had to drive on the shoulder to avoid combines, grain wagons and semis hauling. An early winter in Minnesota.

Driving into town with my boys in the truck, the younger asleep, the older leaning on the glass and gazing out the window, just like I did. And, for the first time, my son laughed and said "that's funny" when listening to "A Prairie Home Companion."


Sitting in the grass disassembling and reassembling the two fans on the side of my largest grain bin, my boys fetching tools and holding the back wrench when something needed breaking loose.

A weekend of the life I've always wanted, though I have not always known that.

3 comments:

E Erickson said...

wow - sounds fabulous! Can I help someday? I used to 'fetch' my dad's tools in the garage, when he was working on cars...some memories have to go away for a while to be 'appreciated' again!

Curyusgrg said...

Maybe you should help Bob fetch his tools. . . .just sayin'

E Erickson said...

Good idea - but he'll have to use them a bit more often Thanks for the suggestion! :D