Tuesday, March 2, 2010

What you need to do. Right now.

I really have no idea who or how many people read my blog, but this post is for all of you. I have some friends. These friends are the best kind of friends who have dreams. And their dream (and consequently, mine) is for them to open a home, a theatre dedicated to the art of Improvisational theatre.

As you may know, I have made my life and now my living in traditional theatre. That being said, I have long felt that Improv has that vitality and life that traditional theatre sometimes lacks. It speaks to all of us and, as art, it is as important as the work of Picasso, Mozart, Broadway and yes, even reality television. To have a theatre solely dedicated to that art in Minneapolis is not merely a desire or a dream. It is an absolute necessity.

The theatre has a name. It is Huge. And they have a way for you to help. If you are afraid of the outside world, you can make a tax deductible contribution through your friend, the computer. If you would like to go outside and feel the sun and the warmth of an amazing performance, go to the fundraiser show this friday at Intermedia Arts in Minneapolis. I'll be there, and I hope to see you.

2 comments:

CLARITYTHRUNOISE said...

I'll be coming to the show then! I'll try to bring as many friends as possible. Thanks for sharing, George! You're hot! :)

(That last part wasn't necessary...I know.)

Curyusgrg said...

Not necessary, but super true.