Wednesday, July 16, 2008

My dog.



When I saw my friends post about putting her cat to sleep I was reminded of the fact that my dog, Chulain, was also getting old and frail and I would probably post something similar soon. I did not think this soon. This morning I put my dog down and buried him under a shade tree in my grove. He was the best dog I ever owned, and I've had my share. 10 years ago I went to a breeder by Brainerd shortly after buying my first house. At 9weeks old he weighed 33lbs and rode all the way home on my lap. After re-establishing blood flow to my legs I brought him in the house. He used to not let people near Hannah's room when she was sleeping, he scared off car theives on September 11th, 2001, and he loved me no matter what kind of a dick I might be. I miss him already and am glad that he won't have to be in any more pain and suffer the indignity of being too old to do the things dogs do. Rest well.

3 comments:

KK said...

You have my sympathies. Perhaps Zara and Chulain will meet in the "newly dead pets" line and become BFFs.

Curyusgrg said...

If there was ever a Cat he would get along with, she's the one. They can be crotchety together.

CLARITYTHRUNOISE said...

I'm sorry, George... that's really sad.