Sunday, September 14, 2008

Ahhhhh. . . . Sunday drivin'

Here is sit in tech rehearsal for the first show of the season already tired of the show, and this is actually quite good.

I got up early today, put on 3 shirts and went to the renaissance festival. I rarely have a good day when butch is gone. Not because I love him, but because the majority of my work as an entertainer is in reaction to him. Today felt different. I connected with people, helped a young entertainer learn to juggle and even had a nice moment with my hero out there.

got cold, left early and drove straight to work. On the way I got a call that proves I am getting old. A friend called and asked if I had seen "Big Trouble in Little China." Do I feel old because it's an old movie? Is it because she clearly is upset about the 2 hours she will never get back? Perhaps the maligning of Kurt Russel's magnum opus? No. It is because friends of mine are watching movies at 6:00 on a sunday. Well at least they'll be able to make that 8:30 bedtime.

back to rehearsal. Fuck I'm tired. . . at 9:15.

3 comments:

E Erickson said...

blah blah blah trade your lifestyle for one with an earlier bedtime, or stop doing so much! Is it bedtime yet?

Curyusgrg said...

it's totally bedtime. and now it's 10:00 in the morning. Nighty night.

CLARITYTHRUNOISE said...

would you really want to be watching old movies every sunday night? really? you know, the grass is always greener and all that...