Thursday, September 4, 2008

What you have wanted your whole life is never quite what you expected.

I have said for many years to anyone who would listen that all I want in a President is an intelligent person who is a good speaker. I think the presidents job is largely national cheerleader. Present a pretty face to the world, (an by that I mean an intelligent person who can understand the problems before them and not appear befuddled or ignorant) and get all of us whipped up into a patriotic fervor when necessary. If they are wise enough to hear others opinions and have a solid grasp of right and wrong, I think we are safe. As you may have guessed, this particular opinion has become more important to me in the last 8 years. This however does not really take into account my very strong feelings about Iraq, gun control, abortion rights, etc. I am firmly planted halfway between Barack Obama and John McCain. I'm against more gun control, but I would give my life to ensure a woman's right to choose. I think if we walked in and destroyed a country and attracted many terrorists there as a place to fight their chosen battle, we should not just pack up and leave and get to claim we are doing what's best. But I also feel like I could use a tax break. So where does one find in all this, a candidate to support? I am lost dear readers, but as I was reminded last week, Obama sure can put a few words together. Wonder how McCain will do tonight. . . . .

4 comments:

KK said...

Please let yourself be wooed by Obama's eloquence...do it to protect a women's right to choose or do it just because we need a charismatic leader, but please, do it.

Butch Roy said...

man, I should be president.....

CLARITYTHRUNOISE said...

i agree with kk.
...and butch roy.

Butch Roy said...

I have a supporter!!!
I must now compromise everything that got me supporters!!!